(Via The Daily Wire)
Remember the young Minneapolis man who slashed two brothers inside Macy’s at the Mall of America last November, and how the police referred to the incident as an “interrupted theft”?
So much for that theory; last week, Mahad A. Abdiraham, 20, admitted responsibility for the attack but offered a different reason for slicing two young men, one suffering cuts to the bone and the other needing dozens of stitches: he was answering the “Call for Jihad” from the leader of Islamic State.
As the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports, Abdiraham made this statement during his guilty plea:
I went to Mall of America to answer the call for Jihad by the Chief of the Believers, Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi — may Allah protect him — and by the Mujahiden of the Islamic State [ISIS]. … I am here reaffirming that it was indeed an act of Jihad in the way of Allah. … I want the reason for my attack to be clear to this court and to the public, so that you may understand that you will never be safe as long as your country is at war with Islam. And that the threat of death [or] imprisonment will never deter us from fighting for the sake of Allah.
On November 12, Alexander Sanchez joined members of his family at Macy’s and was exiting a dressing room when he attempted to move Abdiraham out of his way. Abdiraham reacted by slashing him with an 8-inch knife. Sanchez’s brother John and another family member intervened; John Sanchez grabbed the knife as he was sliced on his hands and his back; others joined the fray and subdued Abdiraham.
According to the Star-Tribune, Alexander Sanchez’s head was scarred and his arms were cut to the bone in the attack, precipitating a blood transfusion; his older brother needed dozens of stitches to close his wounds.
Cindy Leon, the brothers’ aunt, stated, “This evil human being was trying to kill Alex and John because of his stupid beliefs. I want the world to know the truth. … Everyone needs to know this was a terrorist attack.” She added that Alex Sanchez “can’t move one side of his face” and is undergoing physical and psychological therapy. Leon said that when Abdiraham made his statement, she said to him, “Don’t you feel something?” She said, “He just laughed.”
Joe Biden “The Lemon Lot”!
Is the deeply flawed and dementia impaired Joe Biden the best the Democrats have to offer?
The Democratic establishment has wholeheartedly gotten behind the former vice president of the United States Joseph Robinette Biden, as the Democratic nominee for President of The United States in 2020. Did they give it a test drive, kick the tires, check the engine or even look up the blue book value? The answer is a resounding NO! Joe Biden was the best of a bad socialist lot. There was a plethora of manufactured cookie cutter candidates. Bernie Sanders seemed the logical choice…..but! Bernie was an Independent who caucused with the Democrats. Bernie openly and proudly professed his affinity for socialism, at least coherently. The painful truth for the Bernie Bros was the Democrat establishment would never let an Independent/ Socialist drive the party off of the electoral cliff of a 2020 national election.
The party turned to Joe Biden to save the day. The best of a bad lot. The former VP with a solid connection to the first Black President of the United States and the all important Black vote. This may be death by a thousand cuts. We already know Joe is a walking, talking, stuttering gaffe machine. His son, brother, son-in-law and others have all profited handsomely from his position and name in big time national politics. He has the Tara Reade debacle. There is the firing of the Ukraine prosecutor who was investigating the corrupt Ukrainian gas company his son Hunter was working for. His team seems to be wisely trying to let Joe out in public view only when absolutely necessary. He has more skeletons in his closet than a thriller video! They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Cheers to the left.
By Michael Ameer
FISA Warrant For Carter Page Exposes Weak Basis
The Saturday release of the FBI’s heavily redacted FISA warrant application for Carter Page reveals that the Obama administration, eager to make a case to spy on a US citizen (and arguably the Trump campaign) cobbled together a combination of facts and innuendo from Page’s business dealings in Russia, several press reports of varying reliability, and of course, the infamous Clinton-funded “Steele Dossier,” which the FBI went to great lengths to justify despite being largely unable to verify its claims.
Perhaps the most concerning takeaway, however, is the stark disconnect between the FBI’s multiple allegations against Page versus the fact that he hasn’t been charged with a single crime after nearly two years of DOJ/FBI investigations.
Once issued, the FISA warrant and its subsequent renewals allowed the Obama administration to better spy on the Trump campaign using a wide investigatory net. As such, the October, 2016 application painted Page in the most criminal light possible, as intended, in order to convince the FISA judge to grant the warrant. It flat out accuses Page of being a Russian spy who was recruited by the Kremlin, which sought to “undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law,” the application reads.
In order to reinforce their argument, the FBI presented various claims from the dossier as facts, such as “The FBI learned that Page met with at least two Russian officials” – when in fact that was simply another unverified claim from the dossier.
‘Pirate Attacks’ More Common In Caribbean
Modern-day pirate attacks in the Caribbean and Latin America are out of control, according to a Wednesday report which found a 163% spike in pirate activity that led to the loss of $948,690 in stolen goods. The report, produced by nonprofit group Oceans Beyond Piracy, found that 59% of the attacks involved robberies on yachts.
“We have observed a significant increase in violent incidents and anchorage crime, particularly in the anchorages of Venezuela and the recent violent incidents off Suriname in the first part of this year,” says Maise Pigeon, the report’s lead author. “Pirate activity in 2017 clearly demonstrates that pirate groups retain their ability to organize and implement attacks against ships transiting the region.”
Pirates have hit waters off the coast of Suriname hard.
In April, at least a dozen fishermen from Guyana went missing or were feared dead following a pirate attack in the area.
Guyana President David Granger called the attack a “massacre.”
And a fishing boat captain was shot dead after his ship was attacked in May. The rest of his crew survived.
The buccaneers also attacked anchorages in Venezuela, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Colombia and St. Lucia. -Marketwatch