Connect with us

Politics

Goldman Sach’s #2 Had $1.2 Million Of Wine Stolen From Him

Published

on

(Via Zerohedge)

US District Court in Manhattan on Wednesday indicted the former assistant of Goldman Sachs Group co-President David Solomon, accusing him of stealing more than $1.2 million in rare wine from his boss over the span of about two years, according to Bloomberg.

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Co-President David Solomon’s personal assistant has been charged with stealing more than $1.2 million of rare wine from his boss.

Nicolas De-Meyer was named in an indictment unsealed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan. The indictment says De-Meyer worked for an “individual who collects rare and expensive wine,” without naming the person. The individual is Solomon, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Solomon, who in 2010 won the title of Mr. Gourmet from the Society of Bacchus America, is a double-black diamond skier whose widely respected for his wine collection.

The theft reportedly included seven bottles from the French estate Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, widely considered “among the best, most expensive and rarest wines in the world,” according to the indictment. Solomon has a 1,000-bottle wine storage area in his Manhattan residence.

n all, Solomon’s former assistant, who was employed from 2008 to late 2016, when the theft was uncovered, stole hundreds of bottles, prosecutors said. The wines De-Meyer is accused of stealing and selling include bottles of DRC, a top Burgundy. The seven bottles of DRC that was stolen had previously purchased for $133,650, prosecutors said.

As Bloomberg adds, “the indictment doesn’t specify the vineyard, vintage or size of the bottles that Solomon’s assistant is accused of stealing. But standard bottles of the quality mentioned above go for about $20,000 apiece, placing them in the top tier of wines.”

The theft was discovered in 2016 and reported to law enforcement officials, who have been pursuing the matter and are better positioned to answer questions, said Andrew Williams, a spokesman for Goldman Sachs. Solomon fired De-Meyer in November 2016, after discovering some wine was missing, according to another person familiar with the case. De-Meyer left the country, delaying the investigation, the person said.

De-Meyer is accused of using an alias, “Mark Miller,” to sell bottles to a North Carolina-based wine dealer. De-Meyer’s regular duties included receiving wine shipped to Solomon’s Manhattan apartment and transporting them to his boss’s cellar in East Hampton, New York.

So what income does one need to have to be able to afford a multi-million wine collection? Here’s the answer:

Solomon receives a salary of $1.85 million and annual variable pay. The bank hasn’t publicly disclosed details of his full compensation package, but filings show he received an award of restricted stock worth about $10 million on Jan. 19. Harvey Schwartz, Goldman’s other co-president, received $20 million in compensation in fiscal 2016 when he served as chief financial officer.

De-Meyer is scheduled to appear Wednesday in federal court in Los Angeles, charged with interstate transportation of stolen property.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Politics

Trump judges…….The Purge!

Published

on

I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

That great lyric from Ice Cube has more bite and meaning in the run up to the 2020 election. Now we have the investigation of the investigators. The Mueller investigation and everything it has encompassed is now being scrutinized. We are finally looking at indictments and guilty pleas from the corrupt cabal that tried to bring down, frame, jail and impeach a duly elected, INNOCENT president and anyone in his sphere. Getting to the point of investigating the investigators has been a long hard slog.

We did not foresee how really deep and treacherous the swamp really was. You could investigate, indict and try someone like a Hillary Clinton for example, and someone of authority in that chain is a corrupt actor from the Deep State and you will then see the guilty party skate free. Or you can have a completely innocent Mike Flynn, Roger Stone, George Papodopoulos railroaded by a corrupt judge. The Michael Flynn case is the most glaring. The DOJ has dropped the case and charges against him and in an unprecedented move the judge does not drop the case, he extends it as if he is the prosecutor.

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel my friends. Donald Trump has been appointing a record number of federal judges. This is a brilliant move and somewhat frustrating and time consuming. But there is a method to the madness. Why investigate, indict and try just for a Deep State judge to let the guilty party walk free? Donald Trump has appointed over 300 judges and counting. More will be appointed to the bench and now there is a more likely chance when the guilty parties are tried, there will be justice. So there is a silver lining in this swamp covered cloud.

News@11

By Michael Ameer

Continue Reading

Politics

The reckoning of the fake news media.

Published

on

Karma, the sweet smell of poetic justice, the bully gets punched in the nose in the end! Fake news finally gets counted out and David to the Goliath is a teenager named Nicholas Sandmann the MAGA hat wearing unassuming media slayer.

Nicholas Sandmann and his legal team has announced a settlement with The Washington Post on their $250 Million dollar suit. This comes also on the heels of the multi-million dollar suit against CNN. They have stated 2 down and six to go.  Here is their list:

NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, Gannett, Rolling Stones.

Many have tried to get the media companies to report fairly but even Billionaire hardball players like Donald Trump are impotent against the media smear machines. Politicians, celebrities and any adults in the public realm have diminished rights when it comes to defending their reputation against lies and attacks from media behemoths. This is a sad state of affairs and what’s lead  to the monumental rise of fake propaganda news.

In steps Nicholas Sandmann who was wrongly accused by many media outlets when the story broke of belligerent  teens harassing a Native American man beating a drum in a rally. There were duel rallies in the area. Since the teen was wearing a MAGA hat the news media or better yet fake news media went into overdrive bashing the kids. When the whole video was viewed any honest person could see the kids did nothing wrong in the whole confrontation. But this blatant truth means nothing to fake news. They hate Trump so lies are okay as long as it hurts their intended target. Nicholas Sandmann is a normal American well behaved teen. With him being a teen or minor the laws give him protections not afforded a public figure. So he could aggressively defend himself with a good legal team. Now truth and justice has a chance to rule and not the mob rule of the left. If this could happen more often we would have a more honest press. But we know they have financial donors and backers that pay them to spread these lies so we will have to see what is coming down the pike in hopes there will be more honesty in reporting. But don’t hold your breathe.

News@11

By Michael Ameer

 

Continue Reading

Politics

Should the media and politicians be held responsible for fraudulent hydroxychloroquine reports?

Published

on

Saying a drug that clearly works, doesn’t work is Trump Derangement Syndrome beyond comprehension.

The Lancet Study on Hydroxychloroquine was fraught with errors and incomplete data. It was thrown together to let the world know that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t work. Well that study was retracted. A Henry Ford Health System study found the drug helped patients with COVID-19. Just as the president was saying. Trump mentioned HCQ and the collective mainstream media went into overdrive to prove him wrong. And once again Trump accused of lie of the century turns out to be right. He was clearly right in the beginning. The media said the drug could cause harm if not used correctly. That could also be said about aspirin or any drug.

Taking this derangement one step further was governors making it hard to get HCQ and banning it in some places from use. Now we know in hindsight the drug works and these politicians and media companies as CNN are libel for deaths of Coronavirus patients that died when a life saving drug was readily available in stockpile. Also the governors sending the elderly with COVID-19 into nursing homes with the most vulnerable also caused many unnecessary  deaths. Weren’t we told we had to save our grandparents? If we loved them don’t visit them to be safe? So why would governors send COVID-19 patients to nursing homes when they (New York) mainly was provided thousands of empty hospital beds on the navy ship and the convention center?

I have been following these people long enough to know these things are not an accident. Germany and Israel sent the United States millions of tablets of HCQ. They were at the ready and cheap. It’s been used for malaria since the 1960’s so the side effects have been tested, it is safe. Boris Johnson, British Prime Minister was saved with HCQ. Thousands around the world have been saved with this drug. So we must ask the question when will the media and politicians be dragged into a court of law for their negligent reckless reporting?

News@11

By Michael Ameer

 

Continue Reading

Trending

    Donate to Populist Wire

    *Note: Every donation is greatly appreciated, regardless of the amount.