(Via The Daily Caller)
A lawyer for a Russian businessman suing BuzzFeed over the infamous dossier suggested on Thursday that the website’s source for the salacious document has finally been identified.
Val Gurvits, a lawyer for Russian tech businessman Aleksej Gubarev, made the revelation in response to a federal magistrate judge’s ruling in favor of BuzzFeed.
Magistrate Judge John J. O’Sullivan ruled in a Miami court on Thursday that BuzzFeed was protected by reporter’s privilege from having to identify the person who provided it with the dossier.
Gubarev’s lawyers have battled for months to figure out who gave BuzzFeed the unverified document, which was written by former British spy Christopher Steele and published on Jan. 10.
The attorneys have sought to find out what BuzzFeed’s source said about the veracity of the dossier. If the source told BuzzFeed that the allegations in the report were unverified, shaky or false, Gubarev’s attorneys would argue that the website was negligent in publishing Steele’s allegations.
The final memo of the dossier — dated Dec. 13, 2016 — alleges that Gubarev and two of his tech companies hacked into the DNC’s computer systems. Gubarev vehemently denied the allegations and filed suit in February. BuzzFeed apologized to Gubarev and redacted his name from the version of the dossier that it published online.
BuzzFeed has argued that it is protected by the First Amendment from having to reveal confidential sources.
O’Sullivan’s ruling backed up that argument in a move praised by BuzzFeed.
“We’re pleased the judge has reaffirmed the right of news organizations to safeguard the identities of sources — a right that is protected under both state and federal law,” BuzzFeed spokeswoman Katie Rayford told TheDC of O’Sullivan’s ruling.
But the ruling is moot, says Gurvits.
“What the Court really said here is that before BuzzFeed could be required to tell us its source, we had to try to get the information from other places,” he told The Daily Caller.
“As it turns out, we were able to get the information we wanted and were actually in the process of withdrawing the Motion when this decision issued.”
“And while I cannot as of yet reveal this information, it is certainly not something I would celebrate if I was BuzzFeed,” he added.
Gurvits was unable to identify BuzzFeed’s source because of a gag order imposed on the case, he said.
Asked for a response to Gurvit’s remarks, Rayford shot back, saying that “the First Amendment gives plaintiffs every right to try to spin a loss as a win, but in this case it will not work.”
“The issue before the court was about protecting sources and the judge ruled clearly in BuzzFeed’s favor,” she said.
While Gurvits said he is as yet unable to reveal the BuzzFeed source, the universe of people who handled the document is exceedingly small.
Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that hired Steele, had access to the report. But its lawyers have denied in court filings that the company provided the dossier to BuzzFeed.
Steele has denied in court filings in London, where he is being sued by Gubarev, that he gave the dossier to BuzzFeed. Arizona Sen. John McCain has also denied being BuzzFeed’s source. The Republican was provided a copy of the dossier last December.
One person known to have handled the dossier who has not publicly denied being BuzzFeed’s source is David Kramer, a former State Department official who served as an executive at the McCain Institute.
McCain dispatched Kramer to London on Nov. 28, 2016 to meet with Steele. During the meeting, Kramer and Steele agreed that the retired spy would provide McCain with the dossier. Steele has revealed in court filings that Kramer and McCain obtained the document through Fusion.
Kramer had avoided commenting on his handling of the dossier for months, dodging media questions and subpoena requests from Gubarev’s lawyers. But, he was finally deposed by Gubarev’s legal team earlier this month. He was also interviewed by the House Intelligence Committee earlier this week.
Lauren Witzke: Among Several Children on Hunter Biden Laptop, Including Chris Coon’s Daughter
Well, folks. The dam is finally breaking on what is exactly going on with the Hunter Biden laptop scandal that the corporate media has refused to cover, simultaneously big tech is clamping down attempts to use their platform to share the story. And now we know why, because it involves underage children.
This weekend, Senatorial Candidate in Delaware and America First Patriot, Lauren Witzke, has exposed the most damning allegation yet. With an official police source confirming that Chris Coon’s Daughter is one of several children on the Hunter Biden laptop.
BIG BREAKING NEWS:
“Sources close to and with deep knowledge of the investigation, have informed me that Chris Coons’ DAUGHTER in addition to seven other underage girls are also featured on [Hunter Biden’s] laptop.” pic.twitter.com/rKWlUd7ep9
— Lauren Witzke (@LaurenWitzkeDE) October 24, 2020
There are other allegations going around possible connections to foreign children being on the Hunter Biden laptop as well as several children of other politicians including one of Barack Obama’s daughter.
This only further proves Joe Biden and his entire family, and Chris Coons, are completely compromised by foreign entities and domestic deep state actors within our Government. They hold no allegiance to anything but what their masters tell them to do, because at the end of the day they are at the whims of others leaking this information and publicly destroying them and their career.
We can only imagine more damning allegations are coming to break now that we have a first look at just how explosive the “Laptop From Hell”, as President Donald Trump puts it, really is.
Trump judges…….The Purge!
I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.
That great lyric from Ice Cube has more bite and meaning in the run up to the 2020 election. Now we have the investigation of the investigators. The Mueller investigation and everything it has encompassed is now being scrutinized. We are finally looking at indictments and guilty pleas from the corrupt cabal that tried to bring down, frame, jail and impeach a duly elected, INNOCENT president and anyone in his sphere. Getting to the point of investigating the investigators has been a long hard slog.
We did not foresee how really deep and treacherous the swamp really was. You could investigate, indict and try someone like a Hillary Clinton for example, and someone of authority in that chain is a corrupt actor from the Deep State and you will then see the guilty party skate free. Or you can have a completely innocent Mike Flynn, Roger Stone, George Papodopoulos railroaded by a corrupt judge. The Michael Flynn case is the most glaring. The DOJ has dropped the case and charges against him and in an unprecedented move the judge does not drop the case, he extends it as if he is the prosecutor.
So there is a light at the end of the tunnel my friends. Donald Trump has been appointing a record number of federal judges. This is a brilliant move and somewhat frustrating and time consuming. But there is a method to the madness. Why investigate, indict and try just for a Deep State judge to let the guilty party walk free? Donald Trump has appointed over 300 judges and counting. More will be appointed to the bench and now there is a more likely chance when the guilty parties are tried, there will be justice. So there is a silver lining in this swamp covered cloud.
By Michael Ameer
The reckoning of the fake news media.
Karma, the sweet smell of poetic justice, the bully gets punched in the nose in the end! Fake news finally gets counted out and David to the Goliath is a teenager named Nicholas Sandmann the MAGA hat wearing unassuming media slayer.
Nicholas Sandmann and his legal team has announced a settlement with The Washington Post on their $250 Million dollar suit. This comes also on the heels of the multi-million dollar suit against CNN. They have stated 2 down and six to go. Here is their list:
NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, Gannett, Rolling Stones.
Many have tried to get the media companies to report fairly but even Billionaire hardball players like Donald Trump are impotent against the media smear machines. Politicians, celebrities and any adults in the public realm have diminished rights when it comes to defending their reputation against lies and attacks from media behemoths. This is a sad state of affairs and what’s lead to the monumental rise of fake propaganda news.
In steps Nicholas Sandmann who was wrongly accused by many media outlets when the story broke of belligerent teens harassing a Native American man beating a drum in a rally. There were duel rallies in the area. Since the teen was wearing a MAGA hat the news media or better yet fake news media went into overdrive bashing the kids. When the whole video was viewed any honest person could see the kids did nothing wrong in the whole confrontation. But this blatant truth means nothing to fake news. They hate Trump so lies are okay as long as it hurts their intended target. Nicholas Sandmann is a normal American well behaved teen. With him being a teen or minor the laws give him protections not afforded a public figure. So he could aggressively defend himself with a good legal team. Now truth and justice has a chance to rule and not the mob rule of the left. If this could happen more often we would have a more honest press. But we know they have financial donors and backers that pay them to spread these lies so we will have to see what is coming down the pike in hopes there will be more honesty in reporting. But don’t hold your breathe.
By Michael Ameer