(Via The Daily Wire)
If you’re an illegal alien in San Francisco, it might be a good time to skedaddle.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents are preparing for a major sweep of the city soon as part of an operation to target more than 1,500 illegal aliens in the area, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
“The campaign, centered in the Bay Area, could happen within weeks, and is expected to become the biggest enforcement action of its kind under President Trump, said the source, who requested anonymity because the plans have not been made public,” the Chronicle said.
The operation would go after people who have been identified as targets for deportation, including those who have been served with final deportation orders and those with criminal histories, the source said. The number could tick up if officers come across other undocumented immigrants in the course of their actions and make what are known as collateral arrests.
The sweep would represent the first large-scale effort to target the region since Gov. Jerry Brown in October signed legislation enacting a statewide sanctuary law. Supporters say the law allows undocumented immigrants to cooperate with local police and seek education, health care and other public services without worrying they will expose themselves to possible deportation.
Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan slammed Brown for signing SB54, which he said undermined public safety, and signaled he was prepared to take action.
Just last week, federal agents stormed 20 “birth hotels” in California. Chinese nationals use the so-called birth hotels in order to win citizenship for their children — in most situations, a child born in the United States or one of its territories will automatically receive American citizenship. Women often pay as much as $100,000 to get into one of the hotels.
In the unprecedented federal sting operation, the feds raided 20 locations in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties. They were looking for the masterminds of the operations, who make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year off the scam. “It’s not necessarily illegal to come here to have the baby, but if you lie about your reasons for coming here, that’s visa fraud,” Claude Arnold, special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations for Los Angeles, told NBC.
Chinese listing sites show several hundred birth hotels in California. In 2015, the State Department issued 2.3 million visas to Chinese tourists.
On Tuesday, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee that she would be asking the Department of Justice to look into prosecuting officials in sanctuary cities. “The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” she said.
Trump has already threatened to withhold funding from sanctuary cities.
New 15,000 Person Caravan On Its’ Way?
When just things were seemingly dying down from the last migrant caravan that has last several months after the mid-term elections, a new caravan may be making plans to come up here. However, this time it looks like a massive caravan of 15,000 people is getting ready to head on up to the U.S. Border.
LA Times: Another migrant caravan — this one estimated at 15,000 people — is preparing to leave Honduras on Jan. 15, according to migrant rights advocates and Spanish-language media.
“They say they are even bigger and stronger than the last caravan,” said Irma Garrido, a member of the migrant advocacy group Reactiva Tijuana Foundation.
As the Government ‘Shutdown’ continues over Border Security in the form of funding for a border wall, this may give Trump Administration more leverage against the Democrats to make a deal, especially considering Trump has given no signs of giving up.
Mass Migration ‘Dangerous Failure’ Says Hungary Official
Mass migration is dangerous not only regarding terrorism, public security, culture and social security, but also the whole healthcare system, State Secretary Bence Retvari told Hungarian daily Magyar Hirlap.
According to Retvari, European epidemiological organisations have recorded a significant rise of communicable diseases, including those which had already disappeared from Europe thanks to vaccinations. Such cases have been documented in Malta, Italy and even Germany. According to the German Robert Koch Institute, since 2015 there’s a 300% rise in Hepatitis B and measles, and a 200% in malaria and syphilis cases. The frequency of diseases of unknown origin has grown from 14 to 26%.
According to Retvari, by supporting the “migrant visa” (humanitarian visa), the European Parliament “gave green light to millions of illegal and economic migrants, bringing even more dangers to Europe.”
“If we compare how much would Brussels spend on integrating one immigrant in Europe, – which is clearly a failed attempt based on the experiences of the recent decades -, and how much it costs to restore a home in a crisis zone, it’s clear that with the same amount of money we can help a lot more people in their areas than in Europe,” Retvari stressed.
He reminded that with the Hungary Helps programme the government was able to help thousands of people to restart their lives in Iraq. “So this solution is better considering effectiveness, social peace and the actually persecuted people too,” he added. According to the politician, this is the solution chosen by those who really want to help, unlike the “hypocritical Brussels elite.”
“No Wall No Money” Lindsey Graham Says To Nancy Pelosi
The ongoing struggle that US President Donald Trump is spearheading against the Congress to pass a bill securing $5.7 billion in funding for a US-Mexico border wall led the government into a partial shutdown on 21 December after the Senate failed to approve a budget bill.
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham has issued an ultimatum to House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi, and other Democrats in the lower house stating that the budget deal will not be reached unless it includes funding for the construction of the wall on the border with Mexico.
The tweet comes after Democratic leaders reportedly left the negotiating table on 27 December refusing to discuss ways of restoring government operations. Pelosi told reporters that she would rather leave the government in indefinite shutdown than agrees to fund Trump’s wall.
To Nancy Pelosi and the House Democrats:
No Wall Money, No Deal.
— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) December 28, 2018