As CNN prepares to apply lipstick to its porcine snout ahead of AT&T’s planned $85 billion acquisition of parent company Time Warner, dozens of employees are about to receive their walking papers, reports Vanity Fair.
The layoffs, thought to include as many as 50 jobs globally, are said to affect employees in premium business segments, including CNN Money, video, product, tech and social publishing – effectively reversing course on several ill-fated digital ventures launched by president Jeff Zucker designed to compete with Vice and BuzzFeed.
CNN is also said to be scaling back its “virtual reality productions,” as well as efforts to integrate the Snapchat platform – for which the network recently canceled a live daily webcast after only four months. CNN is also planning to gut its business-oriented MoneyStream app as well, as reported earlier this month by BuzzFeed.
As the network employs thousands of people around the world and brings in $1 billion annually, the looming cuts amount to “pruning” of sorts – however they do point to the latest in a string of poor decisions by the “Fake News Network” which has made it abundantly clear they are vehement enemies of the sitting US President.
“Not every new project has paid off so we will stop some activities in order to reallocate those resources and enable future experimentation,” CNN representative Matt Dornie told Vanity Fair.
A team that works on the digital extensions of documentary-style TV shows, such as Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown and Lisa Ling’s This is Life, as well as the Brooke Baldwin series American Woman, is also being reorganized. -Vanity Fair
And between a botched “bombshell” report on Donald Trump Jr., and an undercover exposé in which their own employees admit that the Trump-Russia story is a nothingburger for ratings, oh – and the bizarre cheerleading for North Korea during the 2018 winter Olympics – one wonders why AT&T still wants the network whose credibility is at all time lows.
Pitiful GOP Governor Larry Hogan Attempts to Sabotage Pro-Trump Republican Kimberly Klacik’s Election on April 28th
Baltimore, MD – Weeks ago, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan issued an Executive order requiring mail-in voting for the special election to fill Congressman Elijah Cummings vacant U.S. House seat on April 28th. As if voting by mail isn’t already a potential disaster for fraud waiting to happen, Larry Hogan essentially guaranteed fraud will happen to a rather large scale with this order, as pro-Trump candidate Kimberly Klacik explains in this tweet.
-0:51:00 proves the @md_sbe did not make an independent decision, District 7’s change was ordered.
Voter fraud & voter suppression will be a direct result of @GovLarryHogan going back on his executive order while trying to keep his hands clean. Pls investigate @AGWilliamBarr https://t.co/OaEat3cWXD
— Kimberly Klacik (@kimKBaltimore) April 15, 2020
Over 7,000 votes were already mailed in yesterday, when Governor Hogan modified his order to allow one polling station in each of District 7’s counties, which will allow people to vote twice. Historically, voter fraud is not favorable to Republican candidates. In the following Board of Elections meeting, the board members mention several times that this change was by Governor Hogan’s order, essentially making their vote a mere formality.
Larry Hogan, although a Republican, is wildly popular in the predominantly liberal state of Maryland, touting a 70% approval rating. Maryland Liberals naturally love Larry’s consistent criticism of President Donald Trump. He was a vocal critic when the President told “The Squad” that if they don’t like America, they can go back. In early March, Governor Hogan stated that he was not satisfied with President Trump’s communication regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. More recently he stated that he is still not satisfied with the administration’s response. Other Governors, including Democratic ones have publicly praised Trump’s administration, including Governor Gavin Newsome of California.
What could be motivating the Governor to sabotage this race in favor of a Democrat? It could be that he just hates the President that much, and any candidate willing to support him is no friend of his. What is intriguing about this, is that last summer it was Kimberly Klacik who tweeted about rats in Baltimore City, which prompted President Trump to tweet about the disgusting state of Baltimore. Despite the truthfulness of those tweets, Larry Hogan called them “Outrageous and inappropriate.” Elijah Cummings has since passed away, leaving his U.S. House seat vacant. Kimberly Klacik is running for that vacant seat.
Many observers outside the state of Maryland would describe Larry Hogan as RINO, a Republican in name only. The truth is he is the typical pre-Trump Republican that cares mostly about corporate profit, low taxes, and GDP with little regard to putting Americans First. Despite all of his anti Trump whining, that didn’t stop him from begging for more H1B visa allotments for crab pickers.
Other Democrats across the country have also been promoting the vote by mail fraud scheme, including Delaware Senator Chris Coons and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.
When asked for further comment, Kimberly Klacik stated that she is, “pursuing legal action.”
Twitter Profile With No Tweets Or Followers Suspended
New England – A Twitter page for a group called New England Identitarians was temporarily suspended evidently for using the word “Identitarian”. The page had zero followers at the time, and was yet to even make a tweet. In fact, the page was set to private.
Regardless of what you might think of “Identitarian” ideology, most people can agree that the word itself shouldn’t trigger a ban from the public square, which is what social media companies such as Facebook and Twitter are functioning as. The First Amendment was intended to protect the public from government censorship, but in the current day the main medium for public discourse is social media. Practically speaking, there is no difference. It must be lawfully determined if these companies are neutral platforms, or if they function as publishers with editorial judgement.
The same goes for the popular video platform YouTube as well. Formerly known as a free speech medium, it’s now only friendly for what are deemed acceptable opinions. Across all of these sites, “hate speech” is broadly used as an excuse to censor political views that the company doesn’t like, with a strong partisan bias against conservatives. Other free speech friendly social media networks to try are Telegram, Gab, and Parlor. An up-and-coming alternative to YouTube is BitChute. For livestreaming, there’s D’Live. Perhaps it’s time that we all begin to migrate away from the tyrannical mainstream sites.
Charlie Kirk Changes His Tune: But will he apologize?
United States – Once upon a time, Charlie Kirk was cool. A political commentator, often appearing on Fox News — impressive for a college drop out. He’s an example of how being intelligent and quick-witted can take someone a long way. Before Trump was the obvious Republican nominee in 2016, Charlie was still on the Ted Cruz train, calling Trump a political opportunist. To be fair, a lot of people didn’t quite know what to make of Trump at the time. He did come around as a MAGA guy, and shifted his messaging through his organization, Turning Point USA, towards combating socialism. He’s popular for his YouTube clips DESTROYING basement-dweller Antifa idiots (with FACTS and LOGIC). Whether it’s always been the case — or Kirk morphed over time — it seemed to many people that the only thing he wished to conserve was capitalism and the free market. For real conservatives, who wish to preserve their Christian culture, and even demographics, Charlie’s free market libertarianism just wasn’t fitting the bill.
In November of 2019, Charlie made the ultimate slap in the face to social conservatives and traditionalists. He went on tour, and named it the Culture War. The problem is, he replaced the battle of Conservative vs. Progressive virtues with an economic argument. He promoted mass immigration, which electorally leads to socialism, and even promoted “homosexual conservatives.”
You may recall a decades-long debate on meaning of marriage, culminating in the 2015 Supreme Court decision that ruled in favor of “same-sex marriage”. Along came the America First Patriots, sometimes called “Groypers”, to point out the hypocrisy. Their method of attack? The Q & A line. Many of these “Groypers”, were fans of online personality Nicholas J. Fuentes, who gave livestream advice on the type of questions to ask. The questions were well thought out, tough questions, mostly about immigration, but included topics on foreign policy and various social issues. What was Charlie Kirk’s response? He responded with indignation and arrogance. He even went as far as banning Nick Fuentes from his events, and slandering Patrick Casey as a White Supremacist for his involvement in a group called Identity Evropa. Identity Evropa is now defunct. Patrick now leads a group called the American Identity Movement, which seeks to fight globalism and end foreign entanglements.
After months of slandering people like Nick Fuentes and Patrick Casey for their “hateful” views, Charlie has had a change of heart on immigration. In the video below, you can see him demanding that we “suspend all visas until we reach pre-pandemic employment levels” and “to pass Senator Tom Sutton’s Raise Act.”
Millions of college students went into debt to get a high paying job
This is now the toughest job market in American history
Foreign nationals should NOT get preference until our students can get jobs
Pause ALL visas until we’re back to full employment
Put US citizens FIRST! pic.twitter.com/rhSLOWVEZc
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) April 10, 2020
This begs the question, why were the other’s views on immigration and demographic change based on hate? Why were the smears brought on them from the SPLC, ADL, and Antifa hacks valid? Former Congressional Candidate, and highly respected author, Pete D’Abrosca stated in a tweet, “I remember saying this almost to the letter on Tucker [Carlson] in December. I remember America’s largest news outlets calling me a ‘White Nationalist’ for it. I don’t remember Charlie Kirk or his ilk defending me.”
The Raise Act, introduced by Senators Tom Coffin and David Perdue, seeks to cut legal immigration into the United States by nearly half by ending family chain migration. The bill does not do enough in addressing visa programs, such as H1B, that leads to foreign replacement of thousands of high skilled American workers. A proposal such as Pete D’Abrosca and Jerome Bell’s 10-year moratorium at net zero would be preferable, bringing legal immigration down to pre-1990 levels of about 250,000.
Only time will tell if Charlie Kirk is sincere in his change of heart, or if he is just a shape shifter that secretly wants to staple visas to exchange students diplomas. Either way, one thing is evident, some apologies are in order. An apology to Pete D’Abrosca, Nick Fuentes, and Patrick Casey would go a long way in indicating his sincerity. Even reaching out to Michelle Malkin, who was much maligned for defending Nick Fuentes from the relentless mistreatment from Kirk and others from the Conservative mainstream. Perhaps, while he is up to this whole changing his tune thing, maybe he will go the extra mile and embrace a return to traditional Christian values. It is time, Charlie, not to yield the floor to Rob Smith, but answer Dave Reilly’s question, “how does anal sex help us win the culture war?”
Charlie Kirk could not be reached for comment.